Campus Marzahn | Workshop – Introduction to Laser Cutting and Engraving
Introduction to Laser Cut and Engraving at our second location in Marzahn
Join us at our new location MotionLab.Marzahn for a hands-on workshop where you’ll learn the basics of laser cutting and engraving.
In this two-hour workshop you will learn how to use a laser cutter. This technology allows you to prototype with different types of materials by laser cutting and engraving.
By the end of the session, you will have gone through the whole production process of a laser cut piece:
- from preparing your data
- to cutting and engraving an object,
- and you will be able to work independently with the laser cutters.
During the laser cut workshop you will learn how to:
- Prepare your vector or image file in a vector graphics software
- Use a laser cutter to cut, mark and engrave different types of materials, like plywood, acrylic glass, cork or leather.
By the end of the session, you will have the opportunity to present a project of your own to the instructor, and review the plan you have for laser cutting it.
Completing this workshop, with the corresponding membership, will grant you access to our GS Laser Systems laser cutting machines at our new location MotionLab.Marzahn.
For this course you will need:
- Basic knowledge of a vector graphic software (i.e. Inkscape or Adobe Illustrator)
- A laptop with Inskscape (Free) or Adobe Illustrator (Paid) pre-installed.
Other materials for the laser cut workshop will be provided to you and are included in the price.
This workshop is held in English, and in German at specific request.